Thursday, July 31, 2008

Top 10 Reasons My Husband is Too Good For Me

10) He can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never let me forget he's a man. (He is a wonderful cook; just when I think I know all his dishes, he surprises me with a new taste sensation.)

9) He can hold his own in any sports conversation with a group of men, then turn around and watch "Dancing With the Stars" with me, and critique with the best of 'em. He enjoys the arts and cultural experiences as well as a good football game.

8) When he's in the house, magic things happen - the garbage can never gets full, laundry puts itself away, and the refrigerator only has fresh food in it, no matter how many science projects I try to start. And our lightbulbs seem to burn forever...(!)

7) When we go out dancing, he knows how to lead.

6) For every gift giving occasion, he thinks to give me exactly what I wanted even when I didn't know myself that I wanted it. He does something special every single day on the week leading up to my birthday.

5) He has the same appreciation for adventure that I was raised with. He seeks out new experiences, and doesn't hesitate to drive cross country in a vehicle filled with friends and family members. He is constantly on the lookout for opportunities to explore.

4) He notices small things about me, and is quick to compliment any new change of hair style or clothes, yet thinks I'm beautiful, even when I'm 50 pounds overweight and my face has broken out, and I'm wearing nasty sweaty work clothes and am desperately in need of a shower (which is exactly how I looked the day he proposed).

3) He is a naturally wonderful provider and father figure for our son - he takes care of every pet we drag into the house with as much love as he gives to us; he provides everything we need, and keeps us feeling safe and protected while not encroaching on our independence. He loves and cares for my family sometimes better than I do myself.

2) He supports my dreams and wild imaginings. For any project I take on, I know I can count on him to be my "right hand man". He does whatever he can to help make anything happen that I can come up with.

1) He cares more about my needs than his own - and at the same time, he lets himself need me. The only thing better than having someone who can fill all your needs, is being able to do the same thing for him.

There are many more reasons my husband is too good for me, and they all add up to my incredible love for him, and my belief that there must be something more to me than I can see for myself, if somebody like him would see fit to commit to spending the rest of his life with someone like me.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful man. I am so glad you appreciate what a treasure you have and that he, too, appreciates his treasure... YOU! And Harrison is a very lucky little boy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

ssouth said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's been a great day and stays that way!