Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bee-lieve in yourself...

Guess what today's free movie was?

Two of my kids had day camp this morning, so only three were with me to go to the movie. They do a drawing before the movie - if you buy a kid's tray or popcorn or a drink, your treat has a sticker on the package with a number, and they use those numbers for the drawing. Harrison won a free popcorn this morning. This is about the third or fourth time he's won popcorn - and ironically, he won it with the popcorn he got free from last week (typical fortune in Harrison's world).

I finally figured out (call me slow) that if I have the kids work in teams to set up for lunch and clear off the dishes after lunch, things go much more quickly and I can actually have a sort of lunch break myself, thus reducing my ten and a half hour "work day" to ten hours and fifteen minutes. Believe me, it makes a huge difference for the afternoon!

Well, mom and dad are back from visiting my southernmost brother and his family, so we are off to visit them for dinner. Harrison is already up at their place; dad came down to the pool as my last daycare kid was leaving, so they swam together and Harrison went home with "G-Boy".

Another uneventful day...I hope this isn't the calm before another storm!

No comments: