Wednesday, July 9, 2008

C'mon...everybody's doing it!

Well, Harrison has caught the "Blogging Bug". We had some spare family time last night, so I helped him sign up, and he quickly commandeered the mouse and was customizing his page faster than I could offer unwanted tips and advice.
He did momentarily need my limited understanding of HTML programming, and he even let me show him how to capture images from the internet. After that, any suggestions merely earned me an eye roll and a "No-thanks, Mom" in that suppressed-sarcasm tone of voice which conveys even more than actual sarcasm could.

It's been really fun to watch how fast he assimilates the process - kids are so fearless about exploring on computers, unlike those of us older folk, who deep down (in spite of all logic and reason) still harbor the deep-rooted superstition that the wrong key combination could accidentally launch a nuclear missile and aim it directly at our neighborhood.


No comments: