Thursday, July 10, 2008

Danskin is our Pigskin



Julio and I came together through dance, and dancing has always been an important part of our life together. So it should come as no surprise that many of our favorite television moments come from watching whatever currently airing reality show has the word "Dance" in the title.

We watch them the way other people watch football games - analyzing "plays" (choreography), getting frustrated with the "refs" (judges), and cheering on our favorite athletes. If we have to miss an episode, we tape it and desperately try to avoid any "spoiler" information about who gets eliminated, avoiding tv channels and internet addresses that might let it slip, until we are able to watch the drama unfold firsthand.

I particularly enjoy the current summer dance series, "So You Think You Can Dance". The audition process and rehearsals are so fun to watch, reminding me somewhat of my days as a dancer, and making me imagine "what if" I'd been born 20 years later. Would I have dared audition for such a show? Would I have made it past round one?

Since we'll never know, I let myself believe "I coulda been a contendah".

Can you tell which picture is from the "So You Think You Can Dance" auditions, and which is our wedding reception? (Hint: our wedding guests did not wear nametags)


1 comment:

ssouth said...

OOOh! Us too! Last year I was a clear Sabra fan from the beginning and felt Dominic held her back, but this year I have too many favorites! The judges seem more annoying than usual this season. I feel costumes and most choreography have been outstanding this season too!

Jenny