Tuesday, August 12, 2008

rewind to the SPLASH

I need to rewind to August 3 & 4 to document our brief experience with VBS (Vacation Bible School). The theme was "Surf's Up", and as I believe I already mentioned earlier, I was in charge of the music, which simply meant choosing the songs, preparing the song sheets and flip chart, doing choreography for two of the four songs, then handing the whole production over to our intern. We didn't attend the softball game on the 5th, or the final VBS day on the 6th, but I don't think they missed us.


Intern Steve (blue shirt) and
my other music assistants


I took some pictures the first day, and wanted to post some of them for posterity.


"Surf's Up" for Harrison


Julio "Hits the Waves"


Pastor Jim "Hangs Five"


Each evening started with dinner


Julio is a flamingo while
Stephanie teaches the 1st song


church volunteers act out
a bible story for our group


coconut bowling


relay race - each item
represented a beattitude


Harrison's nametag
used binary code

No comments: