Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why Women Should Vote

I have to confess, after feeling like my vote counted far less than those of a small group of people in Florida back in 2000, and being a busy person who doesn't do well with standing in line or being near large groups of people (unless they are in the audience and I have the safety of an orchestra pit and the anonymity of playing a character between me and them), it is always a project to motivate myself to get out and vote.

If you are like me, you should Netflix or rent the movie Iron Jawed Angels.

Suffice it to say, I will continue to do what needs to be done to motivate my way across town and mark that ballot, out of gratitude to the women who sacrificed more than I would have been willing to sacrifice so that even the politically ambivalent have a right to be heard.

No comments: