Monday, October 13, 2008

Life Keeps Poundin' a Rhythm to the Brain...

So the poodle skirt workshop took almost FIVE hours (I had guessed two hours, tops). I missed the Eagle Scout ceremony entirely, which might have been just as well, since I was tired from no sleep on Friday and could very easily have embarrassed myself during the "small talk" portion of the reception.

Harrison had a sleepover at his friend Avery's house on Friday - I don't think they slept at all, because according to Julio, Harrison fell asleep while putting on his soccer uniform. When I got home from the poodle skirt "ordeal", Harrison was half-napping/half watching TV wrapped in towels after having showered. We barely got cleaned up and dressed in time to make it to Grace and Chuck's wedding.

The wedding was lovely - Grace's four sisters were her bridesmaids, and Chuck had good friends stand with him. The tiny little ring bearer was carried down the aisle - I didn't realize they made tuxes so small!

Kate and Patricia each did a reading and one of Grace's sisters sang a beautiful anthem during the lighting of the unity candle. They had a vase of white lilies in memory of Tom. The reception was held at the Art Museum - I was astounded at how they transformed the library area into a gorgeous reception hall.

It was very elegant, with everything from a candy bar to an ice sculpture which fascinated Harrison ("It was so cool, I just had to touch it!" he confessed on the way home).

We survived church on Sunday morning (I had to give the children's sermon, and Julio handled computers for Sunday School) and decided to eat out since we were too tired to fix our own lunch. Then we stopped by Lindale Mall to a special dinosaur exhibit they have, which was provided to the Science Station to help raise funds to rebuild. Bill Demarais (a friend of Dad's - they taught at the same school for over 30 years each) was giving a free presentation about dinosaur tracks & fossils - it was very entertaining and educational. Since today is a half-day of school, I'll be taking the daycare kids there this afternoon. If I have a chance, I'll write on that later...

Ok, well, that's our update for now. My PC is at the computer doctor's to get backed up and repaired after coming down with its very own virus, so I borrowed Dad's laptop - but he's home now and I'll be returning it to him this afternoon, so I don't know what kind of computer access I'll have for the next little bit... sigh. Well, I'd rather lose a computer than any more loved ones!

No comments: