Sunday, March 29, 2009

HARRISON IS ELEVEN - part 4

For those of you paying attention, yes, I did skip "HARRISON IS ELEVEN - part 3", because the only picture I have of "phase 3" is this one of Harrison resting between parties:

I missed the big swim party, because our praise band "Pseudolaic" had their first "gig", which I blonde-ly agreed to do, completely forgetting I had already booked the swimming pool for Harrison's party on the same day at the same time.



If you're wondering, yes, that's a motorcycle.
The pastor showed a clip from the movie
"Wild Hogs" for his sermon about "Cruisin' with Jesus"

Dad promised to take lots of pictures, so when I get them I will do what I can to record Phase 3. In the meantime, I can summarize the final phase of the birthday that never ends.

Phase 4 of Harrison's birthday celebration was the traditional post-swim sleepover. Usually this is just Alex & Dylan and whoever holds the current "Best Friend" title (with 11 year old boys, this seems to fluctuate on a semi-weekly basis). But Alex & Dylan were going to be out of town, so Harrison ended up inviting 5 other boys instead.

Our service got done early enough that I was able to get to the pool just in time to load our overnight guests into the Pilot to drive them safely to our place on the newly-slick roads (sudden-but-anticipated snowstorm that struck during the party).

They were all really well behaved, so except for the impromptu "kitchen picnic" (the swimming left them hungry in spite of the pizza we served at the party, so we spread a tablecloth on the kitchen floor and served them hotdogs and carrots - two food staples in our house - I wasn't planning on serving a second dinner!) everything went smoothly and exactly as planned.



we popped popcorn and let kids fill small bowls
with treats from our "snack bar" for movie night


after an hour of video game time, we spread
out the sleeping bags and started the movie:
Pokemon Destiny Deoxys



Julio kept the kitchen clean


What a difference a day makes!
Julio got that tree out of the creek just in time!


BREAKFAST TIME
Julio cooked eggs to order ~ I served the cereal


after breakfast, it's back to the
video games until time to leave

And so ends the continuing saga of HARRISON IS ELEVEN...wait...no, it's not over yet. There's still part 3 to be told...I think my kid may be spoiled. There are advantages to being an only child - and having your birthday over spring break, when Mom runs a daycare and has to come up with fun activities for the full days of no school!

No comments: