Sunday, April 5, 2009

Palm Sunday

Every Palm Sunday, as they begin to tell the story of Jesus riding into Jerusalem amidst cries of "Hosannah!", the music from Jesus Christ Superstar starts running through my head. Luckily, we've already Netflixed the movie for our traditional Good Friday viewing (we alternate JCS with Mel Gibson's movie Passion of the Christ. This year it's JCS.

Alex spent the night last night and came to church with us this morning. He seemed to enjoy the service, and going to Sunday school with Harrison. I was going to recruit the boys to help me make masks (props for the spring play You Can't Take it With You; Dad is doing a great job as Tech Director - we open in two weeks) but the weather is supposed to turn nasty this afternoon, so I'll wait until Deedee picks Alex up, then make it a family project - it may give Julio a nice break from doing our taxes (if he's able to stop and join us).

I continue with my bouts of insomnia, which makes it very difficult to type a coherent sentence...hence this bizarro posting. Ah well!

No comments: