Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Beautiful Day to Get Older

I got another year older as of August 1st.

Finally a Saturday when we had no obligations! We had a lovely relaxing day and the weather was beautiful: warm but not hot, not humid, just sunny and lovely.

We slept in (well, HD and I did - Julio rose unconscionably early to ready gifts and surprises for the day). Got up and dressed in time for an early lunch at Metro Buffet, where they gifted me with a lovely fan that I'm now using in the show, and a cute little snow globe.

Julio reserved a pontoon boat on Lake Macbride for early in the afternoon. I had no idea how fun and relaxing it would be - Julio, Harrison and I took turns "driving" the boat (Harrison spent the most time at the wheel) and Mom and Dad rode along and took photos.

We had dinner at the HuHot, a new Mongolian barbeque place in the nearby mall - lovely atmosphere, and service that made up for less-than-stellar food. Then we went home for birthday cake. Harrison gave us a harp concert while I unwrapped my gifts. He also made a "sculpture" from pipe cleaners that represents him and me with angel wings. As a final "ultimate gift", he wrote a song for me on his harp.

It was a beautiful day. When I think of all the friends and family we've lost the last few years, I am reminded to truly appreciate the blessing of growing older.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Great pictures... but where is the birthday girl??