Monday, February 16, 2009

You Get What You Pay For

So I decided to work around the rest of my busy-ness and make an effort to get our Christmas stuff put away, even though it's not even close to Easter yet. The kids had a half day of school today, so I waited until Harrison had his cousin and a friend over to visit, then asked the three 10-year-old boys to help me bring up the empty boxes from the basement and stack them in the living room. This they did without any grumble or complaint - I stayed in the basement digging out the boxes and handing them to the boys, who raced up and down the stairs. What would have taken me an hour was done in less than 10 minutes. I reminded myself of that fact when I viewed the carnage in the living room.


1 comment:

Sammers said...

Good luck on the clean up. Kids are helpful, but not always as we would like them to be. I have my own nine year old helper to prove that. Sending you lots of love from California,
Sam, Erik, Evan, Erik M., & Mady